Tuesday, February 26, 2013

We Had a Baptism - My First!


Hi Everyone,

As you probably figured out I wasn't able to write yesterday! We had to help a new mother in our ward and her two little kids move into their house. It took about 2 hours, which took up our e-mail time. It was only me, Elder Campbell, and a youth from the ward unloading a U-Haul, hence the 2 hours.

Elder Campbell and I are pretty sure our bathroom has black mold that is covered up with clear scotch tape. We are also pretty sure there are deadly bacteria in there. Why, you may ask? Well, we cleaned our bathroom, scrubbing hard, trying to get rid of all its deadly diseases. Then, a few hours later, my nose began to itch. I just ignored it and went to bed that night. The next morning I woke up with my left nostril puffier than a  marshmallow. At first I just thought it was a zit, but after two days of my nostril being completely closed I realized I had caught some deadly disease from the bathroom. Turned out I had a nasal infection. Everything was fine though since I had a right nostril. I got some antibiotics from the mission doctor, and now my nose is as good as new. But, is it a coincidence that I got a nose infection after I cleaned our bacteria infested bathroom? I THINK NOT!

Oh yeah, remember last week how I told you about Abinadi? Well, This week we had a couple of potential investigators come play basketball with the ward, and we were able to play with them. Abinadi was there and I was guarding him. Abinadi tried to shoot a 3 pointer in front of my face but I blocked him. I don’t think many elders can say they played basketball with Abinadi and blocked him. Brother Wilson is an awesome guy. He puts up
with me, and he makes me feel a part of the ward. He is always looking out for us!

So, this past week we had a baptism – my first! He is a young man, 21, named Trevor John A. Trevor was so prepared to join the Church. He is already going to the temple this week to do baptisms for the dead for his deceased family members. None of his family are LDS, but they came to the baptism and are now investigating the church where they live on the south coast of Massachusetts. Trevor has a presence that makes us all want to be more Christlike. You feel the spirit when you are around him. We also have a baptism scheduled for March. She is one of the most brilliant young woman I have ever met! Her name is Leanne N. and she has such a bright future ahead of her. We were talking to Leanne and asked her “What excites you the most about being baptized?” She replied, “Always being able to have the Holy Ghost with me. I know the Lord has prepared me for this my whole life." At that moment, I realized I had done absolutely nothing. The Lord does everything. We were only instruments in his hands as we taught the Gospel to Leanne. I can’t express what an honor it is to be the Lord's instrument in this work. It truly makes me realize how much larger this work is than just us.

Elder Tait

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to say to Elder Tait about this letter?