Saturday, February 2, 2013

Hello!


My second week in the MTC has gone by quite fast.  I have not yet died from the showers here! I forgot to mention last week, I broke my glasses in the first 5 minutes of my gym time. It was no big deal because it was my back-up pair to my back-up pair. I was able to fix them but they break again every once in a while.  I pretend to get emotional when that happens, and it's hilarious to see the Elders' reactions to me. I eventually tell them I'm just kidding and we have a good laugh.  This week I have progressed in learning about missionary work and understanding the doctrines of the gospel. It is still difficult at times to stay focused. We have an African-American missionary, and his name is Elder Bourdeau. He is from Haiti, and has lived in Atlanta, Georgia the past three years. He is hilarious! So, one time I am having some personal study time and trying to find some scriptures to share with a roleplay investigator. Just as I settle down and get focused, Elder Bourdeau comes bursting in with two packets of purple Kool-Aid his roommate sent him, and he would not stop talking about it! I couldn't stop laughing. He was about to make some, but when he realized he needed sugar, he became very sad and depressed. Elder Bourdeau is a funny man. He spices up the MTC. 

I land in Boston next Tuesday, Febuary 5th, ready to preach the gospel! I can not wait -  the MTC does get old after a while! Another funny story was I saw Sister Egbert at lunch one day. I told her she was a beautiful daughter of God, then Sister Jenkins came over and told me that Elders do not talk that way. Sorry Sister Jenkins! Won't happen again! I promise! I love seeing Elder Rich and Elder Bartschi. It is great being able to talk to them and see them doing so well. Elder Bartschi's Spanish is  excellent. Elder Rich's as well, and he is now a District Leader. It is great to see my friends doing so well here at the MTC. They will be excellent missionaries. Speaking of friends, I need to hear from Jacob Sigler, Drew Garner, Jahren Makanoa, Ryan Bybee, Jacob Tingey, Ryan Tingey, and Jake Trost! Those punks need to write me! I want to hear from everyone! I love getting letters! Well, I only have 30 minutes here and I'm getting funny looks, so it's time to close. Oh ya – Drew Garner is going to ROME, ITALY! Drew will be an awesome missionary! My boy Drew making me proud! That little punk better write me! Well, I bid thee all farewell until next week! I love my religion. I love being Mormon!

With love,
Elder Tait

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to say to Elder Tait about this letter?