Sunday, February 17, 2013

BYU Legend - Danny Ainge!


So before I go I forgot to mention a crazy story!  So, after the transfer meeting in Boston, and before we made the drive to Amherst, we decided to stop and get some pizza in Belmont.  So, we stop at a place called Gino's Pizza.  Now, remember I have been out in the field with my new companion for one hour.  So, we are eating our pizza when a tall man walks up to us and puts out his hand saying, 'How are you doing, elders?'  I wasn't looking at him as he held his hand out, but as I was putting my pizza down I was shocked to hear him say, 'I'm Bishop Ainge.'  Yes, Danny Ainge is a bishop.  Yes, I shook his hand. Yes, he owns the Celtics.  Yes, I met him.  I was going crazy!  When I landed in Boston I told myself I wanted to meet Danny Ainge before I left.  I met him in the first hour!  Not too bad!  Like a dork, I asked to shake his hand again!  The BYU legend lives!

1st Companion in the field. Elder Campbell from Arizona
President and Sister Packard

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to say to Elder Tait about this letter?