Monday, September 29, 2014

The Hand of the Lord

My mind draws a blank about what to write, even though there’s been a lot going on!

First off, I had another experience bumping into a native Hendersonian! I had to go on a quick exchange this week with Elder Kerr from our zone. 
He had a dinner appointment set up with a couple named the Sabey's. So, we arrived at the Sabey's and Elder Kerr and I were ready to have a great time. Brother Sabey was putting the finishing touches on dinner and we were waiting for Sister Sabey to come home from work. 

So, we started shooting the breeze with Brother Sabey - asking where he was from and what he does and having a swell conversation. So, then he asked us the same questions. I told him I was from Henderson, Nevada. He said that was where his wife was from. He asked me if I knew any Messinas. And I was like "What?!" I turn around and see their wedding picture, and sure enough there is Danielle Messina in the photo. What are the chances?! She came home -we talked about people we knew and just had a real hoot. It was one for the books. The chances of that happening! First it was Tatum, now Sister Sabey. The list will probably keep going!

This week I was privileged to be challenged to read The Book of Mormon and highlight any tender mercies that occur. Seeing how merciful the Lord was in helping Nephi complete such challenging tasks helped me understand how we can identify His tender mercies. They can come at any time in our lives. I have found through personal experience that they are easier to identify when we are struggling. The process of exercising our faith to overcome our struggles helps us   see the tender mercies of a loving Heavenly Father. 

Tender mercies can be looked at as signs that God is still there for us, and even though our challenges aren’t going away, it's his way of telling us we are doing what he wants of us. Tender mercies help us identify God's love, and are there to give us energy to keep moving forward.

I invite everyone to take a moment and think about the hand of the Lord in your lives. I promise you, you will be surprised at how much He is there for us. 

Have a great week everyone! 

Elder Tait

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to say to Elder Tait about this letter?