Monday, September 8, 2014

The Digital Mission

Mom! Got your e-mail! YOU ARE THE BEST FOR SENDING THE FOOD! I can't tell you how much I needed that! I love those loaves of bread. They keep me alive in the morning. When I got here I was 201 pounds and right now I’m 198. At this rate I'll weigh less than Babushka!

Elder Reeve is getting transferred to Revere! Crazy huh? He's going to a great area. An Elder Graff is coming in to be my companion. I am doing all right! Things are moving along! I work in the Longfellow Park Chapel, and we work in this room the members call the "Fishbowl". The walls are all glass. In the Fishbowl there are 2 companionships, so 4 of us working full-time on the digital mission. Elder Reeve (soon to be Elder Graff) and I are together and we cover the Longfellow Park 1st Ward. The second companionship is Elder Worthington and Elder Benedict and they cover the Longfellow Park 2nd Ward. Since we basically don't proselyte, we have a normal proselyting set of sister missionaries, Sister Platt and Sister Klecker, who cover both Longfellow Wards. They cover the regular proselyting and teaching during the day while we are in the Fishbowl doing online proselyting.

So, as the digital mission leader, I am in charge of the missionaries in the Fishbowl, as well as the part-time digital missionaries across the mission. Elder Reeve is one of the humblest guys I know. He's always willing to work together to get things done. Everything has been great! This is the Lord's work and I need to remember that. President has set a goal for us to have 10 baptisms by December 15th! There’s no way we’ll have 1 baptism without the Lord leading and guiding us. It is an exciting challenge! I am currently chatting online with about 7 solid people. We’ve had some great conversations on Facebook, which will hopefully lead to teaching them the discussions through video chat.  I have other people I’m keeping in touch with, as well.  Please pray for all these people.  I know you don’t know their stories, but I need the family to pray for them.  

I love you Mom!

Elder Tait

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to say to Elder Tait about this letter?