Monday, June 23, 2014

Like Brothers

Mother!

Elder Calvert is the man. I have been having a great experience since we started serving with each other. Just feeling that trust that we’ve got one anothers backs - like brothers. It has been great. We both just want to work and to have fun as well. It has been such a relief and a blessing. No worries or concerns at all. Pushing through one day at a time. Doing my best and forgetting the rest. Glad to hear about Lily's birthday, spiritual temple sealings, Aaron's farewell talk, and Ragnar. You guys are going to do great. There was a group of ladies in the Relief Society that did it here and loved it. The World Cup is a blast. Too exciting - keep on letting me know how my boys are doing. 

Thank you Mother for reading Preach My Gospel. I agree with what you said. Christlike attributes can't be developed without faith in Christ. The Lord has given us many gifts and talents. These talents and gifts can be expounded on as we nourish our Christlike attributes. This has made a world of a difference for me. When exercising Christlike attributes my day always goes better. I love how you picked out diligence to work on. That is one I need to work on as well, especially everyday as a missionary. I really cannot express to you how much this means. I wrote a letter to Dad, and this is my Preach My Gospel thought this week:

What I learned form Preach My Gospel this week is from page 2 on what our purpose as missionaries is:

"As your understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ grows, your desire to share the gospel will increase. You will feel, as Lehi did, the "great...importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth." (2 Nephi 2:8)

How important it is to convert ourselves in believing in the atonement of Christ before helping others. Just imagine how much more powerful our message is when we actually mean it, instead of just saying it. I have found the best lessons I have learned from the mission are ones that come from my heart instead of my mind. 

Mother, I hope you have a great week! Continue to share the gospel. I would love nothing more than to hear from Annie and Lily weekly. If you could please encourage them in this that would be great. How are you doing Mom? I hope everything is great at home. Please let me know how Dad and the family are doing.

With love,
Elder Tait

Sarah Gusky Kemer's baptism

Elder Calvert is the man!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to say to Elder Tait about this letter?