Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ain't NOBODY Got Time For That!


So you may be wondering why I am writing on Wednesday. It's because I have survived my first transfer! Whenever there is a transfer week, we shift our P-Day to Wednesday.

So I heard my man, RYAN BYBEE got his call to BRAZIL! YES!! I CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW STOKED I AM FOR THAT KID. Brazil is where that kid needs to be, most certainly. Man, the days of riding scooters, longboarding, throwing water balloons at cars, (which no one should ever do because it is against the law), lending him my shirt to put on his leg when he got that huge gash jumping from a dirt hill on a bike into a pond. Yup, Ryan Bybee knows how to make it happen, and Brazil needs him more than ever! Someone get that kid to write me!

My week was great! Just a couple of minor road bumps! I have had a cough since the 2nd day of living in our apartment, and the cough has just gotten worse as time has gone by. So this week I was passed out for two days with body aches and a mad case of the chills. We stayed at the Springfield Elders' apartment because our car was in the shop getting repaired from a previous Elder's accident. So, since I was passed out on NyQuil and Advil, and we had no car, we decided  to stay in Springfield. It saved us a 30 minute drive from Amherst to Springfield, and we had an extra set of Elders at night to help tame me when I woke up all delusional from the NyQuil.

So that killed 3 days. The next few days went great! I got better, and
we were able to teach with the spirit to our investigators, members,
and less-actives. For about 3 days I felt so remarkably in tune with the spirit. I was able to receive inspiration in my prayers on how to show the people of the Amherst area how much I love them and to teach them what they needed to hear. I was able to go into the houses of people, including families, and I truly felt Elder Campbell and I were able to teach by the spirit, and be examples of Christ.  So you may ask why only 3 days? Because I am starting to feel under the weather again! What up with that!? I am sure the sickness and cough will go away because it's just a rental. I think I've got Bronchitis,and ain't NOBODY got time for that! 

Also we had companionship exchanges yesterday with the Ludlow Elders. I was able to roll with Elder Langford for the day, and show him around the Amherst area while Elder Campbell went to Ludlow with Elder Stradley. Elder Langford is the best! He truly is the Golden Child for having the most amazing laugh. Just this deep vocal vibration, but with a gentle soft touch, like lavender. You can't resist smiling. Elder Langford is from Colorado, and was called to the Boston,  Massachusetts mission to speak Cambodian! Crazy! But here?'s the sad
part - the Cambodian speaking part of the Boston Mission died! There wasn't a large enough population of Cambodians to keep it up, so now he's an English speaker. You never know what's going to happen on a mission. Anyway, Elder Langford and I certainly could be, as the kids say it these days, "Brothers from another Mother."  The companion exchange was just like a rocketship, it was LITERALLY a blast!

The greater news is we were able to set a baptismal date this week with one of the most delicious people ever. Adam B for March 30th! Adam B is 21, and he has such a generous and friendly personality
that he is constantly radiating. People like Adam B give me
greater hope for this world, and missionary work as well.

So, I got to go -
Love you mom and dad!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you've been able to keep such a wonderful, positive outlook! Oh, and I love your comment about Elder Langford's laugh. I started to laugh reading it!!

    Good luck on everything, you are in my prayers. :)

    Your Friend,
    Lauren Grondel

    ReplyDelete

What would you like to say to Elder Tait about this letter?