Monday, August 25, 2014

A Transfer!

Sorry Mom! I only have a few minutes to spare! I want to quickly talk about how special Frank's baptism was. Mother I could strongly feel the presence of the Holy Ghost. Frank has changed so much. It was one of the best baptisms ever. That 76 year-old man has changed! It was the simplest, yet most powerful baptismal service I have been to. He has really touched my life. You can tell the man will do anything to get back to his wife and daughter. After he was baptized, Bishop Romano gave some closing comments that touched Frank’s heart. He was laughing; he was crying - the whole nine yards. He makes me laugh. That funny man. We will always be the “bestest” of friends with Frank. The influence of the Holy Ghost can’t be taken for granted. When we recognize the Holy Ghost it gives us the motivation and diligent desire to come closer to Christ. 

I am being transferred! I leave tomorrow for Cambridge where I’ll be in the Longfellow 1st Ward. I’m really bummed to be leaving Elder Calvert.  It’s tough – but these things happen.  We will always be bros.  I know we will stay in frequent contact.

Also, I will be sending a large amount of boxes home of things from my mission. Some of it may appear to be garbage to you, BUT PLEASE DO NOT THROW ANY OF IT AWAY! Thank you mom! Sorry I won't be able to send an e-mail to everyone! I love you Mom!






1 comment:

  1. update, Frank is now the happiest Sacrament door greeter in the church with the assignment to learn everyone's name in the next 60 days; an assignment that he is taking seriously.

    Bro. Stokes

    ReplyDelete

What would you like to say to Elder Tait about this letter?