Monday, January 6, 2014

HAPPY 2014 RIGHT BACK AT YOU!


I had a phenomenal birthday, Mother. I was grateful to receive all those gifts. The girls were WAY too cool. Love the hoodie, the socks, and the food they sent. Seriously though, thank you. I am beyond spoiled.

The weather has not been pleasant at all! I guess Heavenly Father thought it would be a good idea to have a Haitian and a kid from Las Vegas together to survive a snowstorm! Our transfers were originally set for Thursday, but because of the storm they got pushed back to Saturday. So Elder Anofils and I had two more days together! We were red-dotted which means we could not drive. We were basically homebound on Thursday & Friday. We finally went out and did some service and then actually walked a mile or two in 5 degree weather (we didn't know it was actually that cold), to visit a few members. But we were both toasty warm. It wasn't the most exciting thing to be stuck in the apartment. Some crazy events happened with our Zone Leaders getting locked out of their apartment. Funny stories that I will never forget.

So about my new companion, Elder Boren! This kid is too cool. He was the High School State champion for wrestling and get this...Rodeo! We get along great – he’s the easiest guy to get along with. He has served in some of the most difficult areas in the mission and has been out about 10 months. On Saturday President Packard called to tell me we were going to be in a trio or tri-companionship with an Elder Roberts from Athol, Massachusetts, who is serving a mini mission. I love Elder Roberts and Elder Boren. They’re going to be my brothers. I know there might be difficulties with being in a trio, but I know the most important thing is to love your companions.

No longer a teen with a dream,
But a man with a plan,



Elder Jackson Loren Tait

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to say to Elder Tait about this letter?