Monday, September 16, 2013

The Cookies N' Dream Team

My week has been great! Elder Anofils and I have been working hard.  Elder Anofils is hilarious! We are the cookies n' dream team. Working hard and making the dreams come true.

Funny stories.

Elder Anofils and I are riding bikes to save gas. Elder Anofils was figuring out where we needed to bike. It was a distance away. So Elder Anofils says:

"Ok, Elder Tait, we are going to try an experiment. It's going to blow your mind."

"Elder Anofils, what are we going to do?"

"We might bike down a highway, but I don't think it's that long, like a half mile."

"Oh sure. That doesn’t sound bad."

So sure enough we are biking through these suburbs, waving at the birds, watching the kids play baseball, and people mowing their lawns, then I hear Elder Anofils say:

"Oh my. The experiment has gone bad."

I look down the street and sure enough there is a State Highway that we need to ride 2 miles down to get to our appointment. We were already 15 minutes late, and if we turned around we would be much later. We said a prayer and flew down the State Highway and made it successfully to the appointment!

Other Story:

We go to the store and buy Eggos. Elder Anofils says at the store. "I don't understand why everybody likes these things." But he still gets two boxes. The next day we wake up and start making breakfast. Elder Anofils pulls out two frozen waffles and puts them on a plate. Then he starts walking towards the microwave.

"Elder Anofils, you microwave your waffles?"

"Wait is there another way to do it?”

"You usually put them in the toaster."

"Oh! That makes more sense! They always tasted soggy."

It was hilarious! I could go on. I have had some great spiritual experiences of just purely feeling the spirit.  I was able to go on an exchange with an Elder from Boulder City, Elder Swasey! He's great! We had such a good time reminiscing about Las Vegas. It was great for me to get his advice and guidance. He knows his purpose here and understands and uses every second he has. His two years ends this October but he is still diligently serving the Lord. He's going to come by and drop off some things when he gets home. He's going to give the family a hug from me.

The previous Elders have struggled in this area. Elder Anofils and I both want to work hard in serving the Lord here. We will do what it takes to make sure we accomplish His will. It's difficult we find to make a quick transition.

It's not so much about finding people to teach, it's more about finding people to help feel the spirit.

I’ve realized I need to prepare a spiritual message for these e-mails beforehand.  It will make the writing process easier.

I love you guys. I am too scatterbrained.

Love, Elder Tait.



 
Elders Tait and Anofils

Happy Birthday, Stets!
Foxboro Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to say to Elder Tait about this letter?