Monday, February 24, 2014

We Are Children of God

You know what the kids say these days! When you are in the service of your fellow beings, you are only in the service of your God! You can't help but feel like a million bucks - even on a missionary budget!

In all seriousness, this week has been great. Our hearts continue to expand with love as we see people make eternal decisions to follow Jesus Christ. Their joy is apparent, not only by the smiles on their faces, but by their actions as well.

Even though the Lord has prepared many of his children, we often come across people who are just not prepared to come and partake of the goodness and fullness of the Gospel. (I’m sure this does not come as a shock to many!) Before my mission I knew, as a missionary, I should feel love for all people, even if they didn't accept or commit to the Gospel, but I was always concerned if I would feel that love. We need to show the same amount of love to those who do accept the laws and ordinances of the Gospel, as well as to those who don't. 

The question is, are we truly able to do this? As I’ve seen the Lord's merciful hand in this work I know the answer is yes, we can! I don't personally have a "one size fits all" answer as to the method, and I’m definitely not qualified to council on this topic, but I want to bear my testimony that we can feel love for everyone. If anything, we can feel the charity of Christ for everyone, including those we teach who do not accept the Gospel, even when we see that they need it. We were recently teaching someone who decided not to accept the Gospel, but we need to remember that this isn’t necessarily the end. There is often more than a "one time" opportunity for people to come in contact with the church. I questioned why our investigator wasn’t ready, and if he hadn’t felt our love for him. Then the thought came to me, as if God was speaking to us about this person - "Don't worry, he is my child."  God is in charge.

I know we are children of God. I know as we are obedient to God's commandments we can find love for all of God’s children deep within us.

Have a great week and stay classy!

Elder Tait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to say to Elder Tait about this letter?